Posted on December 07 2016
It’s officially December, and that means one thing — Christmas is quite literally around the corner! Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
Our pets are always right at the top of our Christmas shopping lists, so we thought we’d help you out and put together a little selection of some of the products we think would be perfect to spoil your dog with this festive season…
1. An animal-friendly Advent calendar — We might be a couple of days into Advent, but it’s not too late to pick up an Advent calendar for your furry friend! Don’t let them feel left out when you’re tucking into your chocolate throughout December — there are dozens of Advent calendars for dogs available, so pick one up and your pup can join in the fun too.
2. Christmassy toys — Whether it’s a Christmas tree-shaped squeaky toy or a cuddly turkey, nothing beats watching your dog rip open a present to reveal a brand-new, soon-to-be-favourite toy for him to play with.
3. A snuggly new bed — Dogs love to snooze, particularly at this time of year after a long walk in the frosty winter air, so make sure your pup has a nice warm bed to curl up in when he gets home.
4. A Christmas jumper — Keep your dog toasty and warm on his walks while getting in the festive spirit with a cute Christmas jumper. That way he won’t feel left out when his humans are wearing theirs!
5. A new collar and lead — If your dog’s collar and lead are looking a little lacklustre, why not invest in a brand-new matching set to make him the most dapper dog on the street?
6. A brand-new ball — You’re guaranteed to get tails wagging on Christmas morning by treating your four-legged friend to a brand-new ball to play with. You could even go all out and buy a ball launcher so you never have to throw the ball for him again!
7. Some tasty treats — Christmas isn’t Christmas without food aplenty, so make sure your dog steers clear of any poisonous treats (like chocolate) and instead has his own selected of dog-friendly, tasty treats available. There are dog bone Christmas wreaths, stocking-shaped rawhide treats and so much more to get his mouth watering.
8. A cosy new coat — At this time of year, it’s cold and wet outside and that can put even the most walk-loving dog off his daily jaunt. Make sure he’s wrapped up warm against the elements with a nice snug coat — there are so many different varieties out there, you’ll be spoiled for choice!
9. Treat-dispensing toys — With the chaos of Christmas, you might not have as much time at certain points of the day to play with your pup. Keep him happy with some fun treat-dispensing toys — he can spend hours happily trying to get to the treats!
10. Grooming goodies — Whilst your dog might not be too keen, grooming goodies will have him looking, smelling and feeling gorgeous for all of the fun festivities. Whether it’s doggy shampoos, detanglers or spritzes, they'll all have your dog smelling delightful.
Will you be treating your pup to any of these this Christmas? Also, make sure you take a look at our Christmas Offers section online for a peek at some more Christmas present inspiration for your dog this Christmas.